Fleury, Yorkshire Terrier - Part IV


Fleury was a little old guy, but he loved life.

Carol writes:
He would poke around our yard for hours just appreciating every sound and scent. If the sprinkler was on in the summer he would turn into a puppy and jump and drive at the water streams, trying to catch them in his teeth. He made us laugh. Although I always felt that he understood me completely, he refused to respond to English-language voice commands and insisted that I speak to him "properly". It was the only thing, other than regular meals and cuddles, that he ever wanted from me. I loved him. He was my friend, my sidekick and a comfort to me on trying days.
I spent the day working on the borders of the rug, painting in the patterns, accentuating light and shade as I was going along.






Today, I'll be working mostly on the inner portion of the rug. You can see the faint outline of Fleury. This is to give me a guide so I dont have to paint patterns where Fleury will be. No need to spend time on an area that will be covered by the fluffy little bear-dog.

Comments