Chandelier & Birds or The Chattering Chandelier


The inspiration for my latest piece was the chandelier hanging in my daughter's bedroom. I'm always looking for a challenge and this light fixture is quite complex, not to mention very beautiful.

Below are shots of the work in progress.





At this point, I felt it needed something to warm up the composition so I thought of Monsieur and Madame B., her two budgies, seen here enjoying the unseasonably warm outdoors.

They would never be let loose in my daughter's bedroom, but on occasion they fly freely in the laundry room.

They add warmth and whimsy to this piece and seem to feel right at home in this sparkling environment.

 As I always do, I finish the back and edges nicely and the painting is affixed with hanging hardware.


Chandelier and Birds
9" x 12" Acrylic on Canvas

Comments