Diva Divine Fuzzi - Part IV

Those who have been following previous commissions know that I'm uneasy to show you this first stage, the foundation. But a good foundation will make the following layers so much better. Because the canvas size is quite large compared to previous works, and because Fuzzi occupies a big portion of the surface, I decided to paint her in the foundation stage as well. This saves paint in the area behind Fuzzi and it saves time, I don't have to concentrate on a part of the chair that would be covered anyway.

It's a really rough foundation of her, but it serves more as a guide for the moment and it will all come together nicely.

If Fuzzi had been a little human girl, I think she would have had a Malibu Barbie with the pink convertible, dozens of Polly Pockets and would have been a beautiful princess for Halloween.


Fuzzi Vignette:
Here Carol describes Fuzzi's professionalism at a PawsWay event in Toronto.
When we got to the show we found out that for the first time only dog clothing and not human clothing was being modeled and we were expected to take her down the runway ourselves . Fuzzi had only modeled with professional models before, but I went with her down the long ramp when her turn came up. Much to my surprise, at the end of the runway Fuzzi paused and pirouetted to show both sides of her costume before making the turn to go back up the runway. I couldn't figure out what she was doing for a second and Judy was roaring with laughter in the audience. I thought that it had only been a coincidence since I hadn't cued Fuzzi to do the fancy turn, but on the second trip down the runway with outfit #2 she did the same thing .She must have picked it up from her previous modeling experiences but I hadn't caught that nuance until I was on the other end of the leash. Fuzzi had learned her lessons well. What a ham she was !!!
Happy Easter.

Comments