Diva Divine Fuzzi - Part III

An 11" x 14" size canvas will be used for Fuzzi's portrait. As always, I do a preliminary sketch on onion paper to determine the layout and composition.

Because Fuzzi was such a happy, positive dog, I wanted her posing with a grin. Having done it before with the portrait of Joey (which I'm very pleased with), I know doing an open dog mouth can be challenging. I'll see how it turns out and reserve the option of going back to a closed version.

Here, Fuzzi is at home resting and relaxing; a superstar needs her down time. This shot is perfect for her body position and the lighting is very nice as well.

I decided to use the flower print little marquise chaise instead of the settee; it provided much more detail possibilities. It also framed and anchored Fuzzi much better in the composition. Also, because it had a back, I was able to add a crown cartouche with her name in it.

I found this crown on the internet and I don't know its origins, but I think it's very pretty. I see wings at each end reminiscent of angels, I also see three doves meeting at the top center, symbolizing Fuzzi's three foster moms. I changed the flower detail from rose to lily which is the symbol of passing. A few changes were made to better suit my subject.

Fuzzi Vignette:
"Fuzzi had a way of shifting her nose (only her nose, not her face) ever so slightly to one side if she was asked about mischief that she had caused," writes Carol

Here she is looking very innocent, but the blue icing on her whiskers tells a different story.

Comments

  1. bobbiec@cogeco.caMay 4, 2011 at 8:03 PM

    Hi Anyes,
    I've really enjoyed watching your progress on Fuzzi's portrait. I am a friend of Judy and Carol, and am so impressed with the way you have captured Shelby, and Fuzzi's personalities. I have a sweet little Angel, who I foster, thru Happy Tails. He has had many trials and tribulations in his short life, and probably won't be with us for the long term. His incredible spirit, and outright insistence to go on, in the face of numerous medical setbacks, has made me look at many things from a different perspective. Perhaps one day, I'll have you capture the essence of my little "Frisbee".
    Your talent is remarkable!!!!
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Bobbie, I appreciate you kind words. Dogs are remarkable creatures. Frisbee seems to be another lovely example. I always feel very honored to paint the portrait of a beloved pet.
    Anyès
    XX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Very pleased you dropped in my studio, have a look around and if you wish, leave a comment before you leave. Thank you.