Max, Kismutt's Clean Dog Mascot (part II)


The plywood panel has been primed and painted, front and back, and is ready for the cartoon image. While it was drying, I sketched up several "mascots" for the Kismutt cleaning station. I usually leave my drawings alone for a day or two to see which one will speak/bark to me the loudest when I get back to them.
But this morning Kimberly sent me the picture of Max, the Great Dane, relaxing in her doggie bathtub. On New Year's Day, she with Diane, a fellow volunteer, picked up Max and a motley crew of dogs from an Amish barn where they had been rescued from absolute neglect. Needless to say, it was quite an ordeal to get him in the bath, but once he was in, he totally melted and enjoyed the warm soapy water like an old man in a Jacuzzi. He did not want to move and stayed in there for an hour, with "bath attendants" keeping his water nicely warm. Without any doubt, I knew that Max was going to be the mascot for Kimberly's cleaning station.

Max, the beautiful black Great Dane.

The panel will be screwed in place at the end of the bath so it hides the under part of the bath.

Comments