Max, Kismutt's Clean Dog Mascot (part IV)



Max in his tub, has been coloured in and a first coat of high gloss varnish has been applied. The second coat of varnish will go on in 24 hours.
I limited the application of the varnish on the cartoon illustration, only exceeding the edges by approximately 1/4". I think this gives the added impression of wetness.

Because this wood panel will be in a dog shelter, accessible to a multitude of traumatized, untrained dog and will be submitted to splashes of water from the bath. I used a commercial interior latex for kitchen and bathroom as a the background base colour. For the cartoon illustration, I used a combination of commercial paint and artist quality paint. This part is protected by high gloss interior urethan floor varnish which gives it a kind of plastic coating.
We are almost there.

Comments

  1. Anyes, I LOVE it!! It couldn't be more perfect!!

    Hugs,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kimberly.
    Will let you know when it's perfectly dry.
    A

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Very pleased you dropped in my studio, have a look around and if you wish, leave a comment before you leave. Thank you.