Commissioned Portraits Part VI - Oskar Winter, Hairless Kitten (preliminary sketch)


Oskar's preliminary sketch

When I first saw Oskar, my heart skipped a beat. He is a perfect example of the 'creatures' (and I use this word with most affection) that rocket my imagination right into the stratosphere. He also challenges my drawing skills with maze-like wrinkles all over his little body. I had to keep my pencil really sharp to get all those nooks and crannies - love it. He's just a kitten, but he also looks elderly - making me feel like he's doubly vulnerable, thus very endearing. In the shot below, Oskar has a sweet and alert expression, perfect for his baby portrait, even if the colours are off.


Lindsey's words:
The bio for Oskar will be a little
more tricky for me because he has not joined our family yet. We have met him several times and been in daily contact with his mothers owner. I could have her wrote a short bio for you if necessary. I can share a few special things about Oskar. His birthday is Dec 28, the same day as my daughter. My 3 year old son chose his first name Oskar, from the movie Ghostbusters 2 character, baby Oscar. My daughter chose his middle name because they were both born in the winter together. He will be joining our family at the beginning of April after all of his shots and neutering is complete. 

This is the shot I will use for colour reference. Look at those baby blues!


 "Okay lady, put me down"


Comments