Pepe - Shih Tzu - Portrait Commission


I've been out of my studio and in my hallways for quite awhile, holding a big paint brush and roller as opposed to a dainty artist brush. (Go to The Dusty Victorian link on the right to see my freshly painted hallways.) It's nice to be back and preparing for a new dog portrait commission. This time, Pepe a little male Shih Tzu, will be the feature for the next several days. I hope I won't have too many interruptions.


Our family members, Pepe is the pride and joy of my beautiful niece Emmanuelle and her husband Ray in Montreal. He was adopted eight years ago. Thought a birthday gift to Ray from Emmanuelle, he's quite the mama's boy and won't let Emmanuelle out of his sight. Pepe is also known affectionately as Chiqui short for Chiquito meaning "small/tiny" and Chilito meaning "small hot pepper". Needless to say, there's a strong latin influence here. When this little guy wants something he gets up on his hind legs. 

I want Bunny, please.
Here you go.
Pepe is a sweet, quiet, playful and easygoing little guy. His favourite season is autumn because he loves running through the leaves in the park. Pepe also has a four legged sibling - a pretty little female cat named Roky. 

Roky
They get along tremendously well. 


Follow me and Pepe on this new portrait journey.

Comments