The Turkey Vulture Society

During the summer months, I drew a mini-collection of four animals depicting my creature discomforts to prepare for Halloween. Amongst them was the turkey vulture. Seeing this big bird circling above my house and feasting on road kill while driving in the countryside gave me the creeps and made me want to learn more about it. I came across the Turkey Vulture Society on the internet, a really cool and fun site, rich with information. I entered their drawing contest and I'm proud to announce that I won! My entry is now posted on their site. While you're there, have a look at the society's poetry contest, Vultures Rock, and read some vulture verse. Priceless!

What did I win? The knowledge that removes the turkey vulture off my creature discomfort list to be placed on the awesome creatures one. Knowledge makes the world less scary and I'm happy with that.

Comments

Post a Comment

Very pleased you dropped in my studio, have a look around and if you wish, leave a comment before you leave. Thank you.