Rachel - Commissioned Dog Portrait, Part II


My painting day with the lovely Rachel was quite short. Decent daylight did not show up until 10:30 am and left around 2:30 pm. A dark and depressing autumn day, but at least it was mild.


Because Rachel will be hanging with her two brothers, Charlie and Rosco, I want to coordinate the background colours, but in a more feminine way.


I found this pretty floral pattern in an interior design magazine. It has some of the same colours found in her brothers' painting, but the delicate curves and swirls and the fresh flowers capture Rachel's beauty and elegance. Definitely more feminine.


I managed to do a little of the background before I lost my daylight, but I'm pleased with the outcome. Once all three are on Diane's wall, I want the viewer to know immediately who's the girly-girl in the family.


Comments