The Witches & Wizards Ball Poster
![]() |
| The Witches & Wizards Ball |
Earlier this spring, Merrickville Organization for Culture and the Arts approached me with the request to design a poster for their Halloween event - The Witches and Wizards Ball. A fundraising event in support of Merrickville’s Firefighters Association and Community Living Services.
Thrilled and honoured, I accepted.
It starts with a rough pencil sketch of both the illustration and the written information. There will be many changes along the way, but putting down on paper what I see in my minds eye is a good jumping off point.
Painted with acrylics on a 16"x20" stretched canvas, the illustration portion of the poster is finished, now for the written part. I took a high resolution photo and downloaded it onto my desktop computer
and imported the image into Photopea, a free design programme similar to Photoshop.
I wanted the title and sub-title to be following the shape of the moon. With the help of YouTube tutorials and a few trial and errors, I got it right.
So mark your calendar and join us, if you dare, for a magical fundraising affair.
You might think it’s early for a Halloween post, but it takes time and witchcraft to conjure up one’s inner witch. Dust off your grimoire and find a spell for a bewitching frock, polish your moonstone amulet and amethyst talismans, pick ensorcelling herbs to adorn your pointy chapeau. Make sure your broom is varnished and the bristles are trimmed for a swift flight to Merrickville.
It would be enchanting to see you there.
Here are closeup pics.
The painting will be up for auction during the event.
Thank you for the interest.
Wishing you a lovely autumn season,
✨🌕✨












Comments
Post a Comment
Very pleased you dropped in my studio, have a look around and if you wish, leave a comment before you leave. Thank you.