BOARDEM Fundraiser Art Show - Completed



I never realized how little I knew about my adopted town of St Marys until Carey Pope, our town councillor and owner of Pass It On, asked me if I wanted to contribute a painted skateboard to a fundraiser dedicated to the building of a new skatepark.

My Rainbow Beetle board was one of the first in, leaving me time to photograph the other boards for Carey. I was pleasantly surprised by each - the creativity and dexterity of the artists, the versatility of styles and design of the boards. The need for humans to express themselves artistically has been with us since the Stone Age, so it's befitting that our 'stone town' showed its support. What a great opportunity to show our kids that art goes with everything. The total amount collected for this fundraiser was $3,600, pretty good for a small town of around 6,600. I'm very proud to be part of a community that supports kids and art.

My thanks to all that have been following this storyline and to those who have supported our efforts to make our small community more vibrant.




Comments