Kismutt Road Signs - Part II


Here is a sketch of how I see Kimberly's road signs. A central alignment in this case works very well.

I used the CHALKBOARD font because the letters are open and rounded, easier to read, and conveys a casual, friendly feel. I made the hound dog gold, leaving its snout and paws white, so it pops out a little more from the background and makes a connection with the gold paw above in the Kismutt logo. I also added some blades of grass on each side of the dog to anchor him on the ground. I deliberately positioned the dog between DOG BOARDING and the phone number to break up the text so it looks less busy and more legible. And last, I avoided going all the way to the edges because of the shadows the posts may project on the sign. Birch plywood was recommended for this project and the next step will be to apply two good coats of primer on both sides.

Of course, my Chazy-Bear is never far.

Comments