Purdie, Rio and Chewy - Completed


I used a satin ribbon with a golden shade, similar to the gold you see on antique gilded frames. This shade picks up on the quilt, the hardwood flooring, the corner where the tea cup lamp is and the glow it produces. The decorative nails have a smooth tarnished brass finish to compliment the satin ribbon.

The paper backing has been applied with these loving words regarding her dogs:
"Purdie, my little princess with loads of character; Rio, my smart and handsome little man; Chewy, my rambunctious baby boy who follows me everywhere; you bring me sunshine and warmth. This painting is to celebrate our new home."




This painting was not only a testament of Joy's love for her dogs, but a celebration of moving into their new home. An environment where I feel her family end friends are welcome with a nice cup of tea, where they can sink in to her sofa and cuddle with the dogs. It was a pleasure painting this charming scene - especially the stars of this scene, Purdie, Rio and Chewy.

The painting is off to Scotland. Cheers!

Comments