Ginny (van Dongen)



Ginny was a beautiful adult Schnauzer that I photographed for Kismutt. Like so many dogs that Kismutt rescues, she'd come from a puppy mill and had been kept for breeding. When she arrived at Kismutt, surprisingly, Ginny was extremely sociable, and was starved for attention and affection. When petting her, she would literally melt on your lap.
She obviously enjoyed her new freedom and the company of humans very much. What struck me the most about Ginny was her eyes. Big milk chocolate brown eyes with a black rim around the iris, all framed by black hair. She reminded me of those Kees van Dongen women. It took no time at all for Ginny to be adopted. A lovely couple very committed to rescuing a dog are her proud owners.

I painted Ginny in a very feminine and elegant setting to match her beauty. Cabbage rose and fuchsia print on the Bergere chaise, luscious apples on the cushion and a cheetah print to complement her colouring. I also wanted the chair to have a contrasting wooden frame and the seat cushion to have a contrasting piping, all in keeping with Ginny's well defined eyes.


Comments

  1. OMG! I thought this was a photograph! Marvellous! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously beautiful artwork. I hope I can visit your studio oneday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much. If you are in the neighborhood, you are more than welcome. Just give me a little warning so I can dust the Victorian.
    Thanks for dropping in.
    XX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Very pleased you dropped in my studio, have a look around and if you wish, leave a comment before you leave. Thank you.