Cinder at the Cottage


Cinder was a gorgeous adult English Cocker Spaniel. He came from a puppy mill and was used for breeding. After so many years at the mill Cinder had become so depressed that he no longer wanted to breed. Those dogs usually end up with a bullet in the head, but in his case, he was surrendered to Kismutt. Cinder was also one the most psychologically damaged dogs I have ever encountered. Not only was he depressed, but he was terrified of humans. I honestly thought he would be a permanent resident of Kismutt. But there are angels in this world and they adopted Cinder. A year later, he is a happy, well-adjusted boy who enjoys spending time at the cottage and going for boat rides. I'm telling you, if Cinder can be rehabilitated, any traumatized dog can be as well.

I imagine Cinder in a cottage bedroom with an English plaid flannel bed set – I felt he deserved a very comfy bed with fleece and quilted bedding. The sheets are embellished with embroidered branches and Cardinal birds. I positioned the window above his head to symbolize what he is dreaming of. And to finish off the composition, I added decorative natural elements, such as a bird nest, branches, rocks, bamboo blind, jasmine plant in basket, earthenware water dish in wooden tray. And, most importantly, a little teddy bear toy.

Comments

  1. Fantastic story of recovery and the power of LOVE!!! Spectacular painting but mostly a spectacular dog to trust after such a horrid life before being set free! You so beautifully captured the essence of his new life as described in your post. Fabulous! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jeanne,
    When I first met Cinder, I was quite new at fostering dogs and so shocked at his emotional condition. He made me realize how deeply sensitive dogs can be.
    So nice to talk to you.
    XX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Very pleased you dropped in my studio, have a look around and if you wish, leave a comment before you leave. Thank you.