Violet and the Un-made Bed - Beginning Process



This painting was the setting for Violet, my little Havanese. Her second favorite place to be in the world is on our bed, the first, is on my lap. We adopted Violet when living in Vancouver, soon after the death of Mink, my first and most beloved dog. Violet was such an intense dog, even for a puppy. She was destructive, aggressive, demanding, the complete opposite of Mink. After obedience class and the adoption of Chaz, our other dog, she improved considerably. She still has a her moments and still is very intense, but we now think of her as being a very passionate dog who loves too much. This said, I had to use an intense red as the main colour in this composition, but softened up with a flowery print. Books, magazines, catalogues, real life settings are a regular source of inspiration.

Comments

  1. Interior painting are my favorites. Your color selection is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I appreciate it, especially coming from an interior
    designer.

    Anyes
    XX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Very pleased you dropped in my studio, have a look around and if you wish, leave a comment before you leave. Thank you.