Homage to William Morris - My Old Buffet, Completed

Tea party with Bea, Willy and Lew
18" x 24" acrylic on canvas
Here we are, a few elements of The Dusty Victorian have been immortalized in a vignette. 

The William Morris wallpaper pattern and my old French Provincial buffet were the inspiration for this piece. My imaginary pet bunnies, Bea, Willy and Lew are named after my imaginary guests, Beatrix Potter, William Morris and Lewis Carroll, soon to arrive at the DV for a tea party at which they'll discuss flora, fauna, arts and literature, over delicious pastries and tea.




Bea and Willy
Lew
I hope this piece will coax spring to come out. Here in Southern-Ontario, we are still being bullied by relentless winter weather. Thank you for following me on this piece.

Comments

  1. I was "googling" info on pets in the Victorian era and landed on The Dusty Victorian which then led me here. Love the piece above particularly for the rabbits. I have a few not- so- imaginary ones hopping around my place. Thanks for sharing...and thanks to you I also discovered "Beautiful Joe".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello TRR and welcome to both the DV and to my studio, so glad you dropped in. Pleased you enjoyed the piece with my three imaginary bunnies. I envy you with your real ones - so cute! When I have more time, I will visit your blog. It's always a pleasure to exchange with kindred spirits.
    Anyes
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Very pleased you dropped in my studio, have a look around and if you wish, leave a comment before you leave. Thank you.