Jewelled Monarch Butterfly and Caterpillar on Milkweed


 

Two miniature paintings in the Bugs & Blooms Collection.
Jewelled Monarch Caterpillar on Milkweed
jewelled Monarch Butterfly on Milkweed
4"x4"x1" acrylic on wood

I take great pleasure researching antique brooches to reproduce or to design new pieces inspired by actual insects. For these two pieces, a monarch butterfly and a monarch caterpillar were the inspiration. The majority of the plants and blooms used in these little paintings are from my garden. Many caterpillars were found munching on my milkweed this summer and lately, a few monarchs were spotted in my woodland. They are officially an endangered species so I encourage you to plant milkweed. 
Monarchs are beyond precious. 
Please check my Etsy shop for availability.



🧡
Thank you for the interest you have in my work.

Comments