Commissioned Artwork - Bee Balm & Hummingbird Clearwing Moth

Preliminary sketch of bee balm and hummingbird clearwing moth

I’m about to start on a new piece, a commissioned work for a returning client. She contacted me asking if I would paint a hummingbird clearwing moth flying around her bee balm. She provided good, clear shots of the subjects - beautiful photographes she had taken herself (below). I gladly accepted this special order as bugs and blooms are always a pleasure for me to work on, especially if they involve fantastic little creatures.



The first piece she commissioned was a bumblebee in her apple blossoms.


One of the questions I’m often asked:

How do I proceed if I wanted you to paint something I have in mind? 

Answer: 

Please visit my social platforms to get a good sense of my style of painting and to get to know me.

Go through this blog which I use like my art portfolio: studiovignette.blogspot.ca 

My Instagram: @studio_vignette_fine_art

My Art on Facebook

My Art on Pinterest

My Studio Vignette Etsy shop

Should you want to proceed, I will need several good, clear, true-to-colour photos. High resolution emailed pics are ideal. Estimated time and price will vary depending on the size and complexity of the subject (shipping time and cost are not included in the estimated cost of the custom piece). Also, there might be a waiting list. Please note that I don’t work under pressure and/or tight deadlines. 

Custom orders are payable in advance through e-transfer unless you are a repeat customer. Commissioned pieces are usually not refundable due to the highly personalized nature of the subject. Incremental payments can be arranged on artworks that exceed C$300.

Once finished, the artwork will be safely wrapped and shipped so it reaches you in perfect condition. Should you be in the Merrickville, Ontario vicinity, you are welcome to pick up your artwork.

The policy section in my Etsy shop is very informative as well, but I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you for the interest in my work.


Now, on with the Bee Balm & Hummingbird Clearwing Moth. 

Follow me to see how it turns out.

💗







Comments