Little Girl with Pearls & Little Boy with Bow Tie - ready to go home

These two cutie pies are ready to go home where they belong. Describing my client's children as cutie pies is a definite understatement. I know all children are beautiful, but let's be honest, these two are super model material.

  The ribbon, decorative nails, paper backing and hanging hardware are the final finishing details for this commission.


Details

Details
One of my new year's resolutions was to do more things outside of my comfort zone and people portraits was one of these things. I'm very pleased with how these two turned out. I was very nervous before starting, but my client was the best partner I could hope for -
patient and kind, trusting and encouraging.
When I was younger, I was never satisfied with my portraits, perhaps it said more about me and my life. Now that I'm older, I'm more sensitive to my surroundings, I have more empathy, more patience.
I may not be a better painter, but I believe I'm a better person.

Thank you Lindsey and Lauren for entrusting me with painting the portraits
of your most beautiful and beloved creatures.

Comments