Homage to William Morris - My Old Buffet, part III


Okay, so the dolls are done. I did not go deep into details knowing they would be partially hidden behind the reflection of the glass.

It's coming along nicely.


In reality, my buffet is collecting "stuff", in the painting, I'm using it for its original purpose: a place to display food in waiting. William Morris, Beatrix Potter, Lewis Carroll all intermingle in my mind and I would love to have had them over for tea. In my imaginary tea party, I would serve a genoise cake with fruit topping, buttery and flaky whipped-cream rolls, petit-four and tea of course. On a piece of paper, I sketch very roughlly the elements for scale and placement.



Starting on the desserts and tea set. A lot more coats to be added and I still have to add the napkins and utensils.

Comments