Huge Step Against Puppy Mills!

Hamlet, one of many Kismutt's rescues - adopted

What a great way to end the year! Below is a letter from Kimberly Thomas.


Hello All, 

Today is, without a doubt, the happiest day I have had in 9 years or more! This past August & September, every one of you helped me do an email blast to the Township of Wellseley and the Township of Perth East, blasting the councillors for both Townships, the OSPCA, the two Mayors, and Evelyn Hahn. I am sure you all remember the article the "Observer Newspaper" did on me when I blasted the Townships for giving these Amish Puppy Mills Kennel Licences? Remember when I blasted them for giving these puppy mills 3 weeks notice of their inspection dates? You guys all helped me in that campaign by sending in hundreds of emails? Remember my questions to the Townships that "How can the Amish, with no hydro, pass the Canadian Kennel Code??? With no hydro, there is no heat in the winter for these dogs, no cooling in the summer, no hot water to disinfect with, no proper ventilation, no lighting, no septic tanks and drains and they can't even run clippers to shave these matted dogs. How on earth are they passing the Canadian Kennel Code??? What you may or may not know, is that along with all of your help writing emails demanding answers to these questions above, I also hired Lawyer, Clayton Ruby, from Toronto. He also fired off several letters to these 2 townships. I have scanned today's newspaper article in the "Ontario Farmers Newspaper" for you all to read! It is attached with this email. Page one and Page two. Enjoy reading!! You will be over the moon!! This is a HUGE step, and both Townships have sat up in their chairs are are taking notice! Thank you ALL for every email you sent out. Without the pressure from the "Animal Activists" as they call us, this would not be happening. Hugs to all,

Kimberly Thomas
Kismutt Rescue 
St Marys, Ontario

Comments