Nano - Blue Crowned Conure, Completed

Nano Smiling
(6" x 8" acrylic on canvas)
Here we are. Nano's corrections have been done.


On the left is a shot before corrections. The picture I was working with was taken when Nano was six or seven years-old. The one on the right is Nano today. The blue feathers on Conures spread beyond the face with age - note the head, neck and upper shoulders. Other adjustments were made on her chest and tail. Carol told me that the red on the tail is very vivid because it's an important way to communicate with each other.



I chose a pale satin green ribbon with antique finish brass nails to surround the painting.


Nano's favorite song is "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star", so the first verse of the song was printed at the back. We think Nano's a superstar.


I take much pleasure in learning about the finesses and eccentricities of my models, whether they are canine, feline or avian companions. I wonder if I will ever have a reptilian model?

A deep heartfelt thank you to Carol Thorpe of Happy Tails Rescue for the inspiration and support. Our collaboration has often come after sorrowful events, but I hope that this gift of Nano's portrait raises your spirits after some very difficult months.

Comments