Gryphon - Yorkie, Completed



Another of Carol's beloved dogs has been immortalized on canvas. Gryphon's portrait will soon be off to her home, where it belongs.


I thought it would be interesting to show the before (left) and after shot of Gryphon's corrections.
Under Carol's guidance, the ears were made a little larger, the chest and paws a little redder and a little bit of hair length was added to the side of his head, between the eyes and nose. Custom portrait, all the way to the end.

Carol chose this sweet poem for her little boy which will be printed at the back.

A Stump for a Tail


You can't buy loyalty, they say
I bought it though, the other day;
 
You can't buy friendship, tried and true,
 
Well just the same, I bought that too.
 
I made my bid, and on the spot
 
Bought love and faith and a whole job lot
 
Of happiness, so all in all
 
The purchase price was pretty small.
 
I bought a single trusting heart,
 
That gave devotion from the start.
 
If you think these things are not 
for sale, 
Buy a brown-eyed puppy with 
a stump for a tail. 


Author Unknown





A black satin ribbon and two-tone decorative nails to tie in with the ottoman fabric provide the finishing touches of Gryphon's portrait.


Thank you to Carol Thorpe of Happy Tails Rescue for her continued support and encouragement. The words she expresses so lovingly about each of her dogs make me a better artist and, I hope, a better person.

Comments

  1. As Carol's best friend and Happy Tails co-volunteer, I had the honour of loving Gryphon too. It still breaks my heart that he had to leave us so soon. Gryphon was a special little guy that I'll remember always.
    Anyès, you captured his essence so perfectly and in your portrait - I can almost hear him. Incredibly wonderful job.
    Thank you for easing the pain for Carol. It means so much.

    Judianne - Happy Tails Rescue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Judianne,
    Thank you so much for your very kind words and for all those additional shots you have provided. I know you and Carol share the joys and pains of your animal companions. Your little Shelby must miss him dearly as well.
    Anyes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Very pleased you dropped in my studio, have a look around and if you wish, leave a comment before you leave. Thank you.