Squeek - Part II

House cats and windows seem to go together and Squeek certainly loved to watch the world from the safe and warm side of the glass. She will therefore be portrayed at a window with a few of her favorite things. I went around the house and took photographs of different windows and for Squeek's portrait, I chose my bedroom window. It's
bright and sunny and the colour scheme complements her beautiful black and white coat. To keep my window slightly open I use a cast iron door stopper in the shape of a bird. I thought it would make a nice decorative detail, appropriate for a cat.

Knowing that Squeek liked to dip her paw in peoples drinking glasses, I gave her a nice glass of milk to drink at her leisure. I also took a shot of a crumpled piece of paper, there for her amusement.


The next step is to sketch everything up and see where it leads.


Comments