Shanon -Commissioned Portrait


You might remember Shanon, the little Schnauzer from last July. She was posted with her BFF Stormy the American Bulldog. This time, my client would like a portrait of Shanon to offer to her previous owners as a Christmas present. Sadly, the previous owners had to surrender her because they were moving into a seniors residence. A repeat client is so flattering and I think offering a portrait of Shanon to her previous owner is a very thoughtful gift.

Here is the preliminary sketch. I gave her head a little tilt for a softer look and to give the position some movement. I added some potted pansies and forget-me-nots, appropriately symbolic, in the foreground and a wooden planter containing an evergreen and some vines in the background.


Same dog, but a new journey.

Comments