Stormy & Shanon - Part II



Because Stormy is a huge dog and does not go on the furniture, I though it would be better to do simple head shots of both dogs to maintain unity in the presentation. They will very likely be hanging together on the wall. The canvases are 6" x 8". Because Schnauzers tend to look a little stern, I gave Shannon a very slight tilt of the head and I will show her left eye a little more. This will make her look as sweet as she is.

Two very different dogs, they present very different challenges. Stormy's short coat shows all the subtile shade variations on and under her skin and Shannon's wavy and curly hair has to convey its softness and silkiness, typical to her breed.

I'll sleep on it and will start painting tomorrow.

Comments

Post a Comment

Very pleased you dropped in my studio, have a look around and if you wish, leave a comment before you leave. Thank you.