SOLD-Gem Set Bumblebee and Apple Blossoms


Gem Set Bumblebee and Apple Blossom
4” x 4” x 1” acrylic on wood

 Jewelled bumblebee, set with a black diamond, white diamonds, rubies, tourmalines and a shiny tiger eye cabochon for its abdomen. A busy pollinator, the bumblebee is such a hard and focussed worker. Depicted here with blooms from my apple tree. This chubby bee is one of the first I see in my spring garden and one of the last I see on my autumn blooms. 

 Insects are fascinating to me, they appeal to my sense of detail, especially if they are made of noble metals and are incrusted with precious stones. These can land on me anytime as they never bite or sting. I like to combine what is traditionally repulsive with what is universally attractive. I'm inspired by the beautiful antique pieces of jewellery from the Victorian and Edwardian era, but a few vintage pieces have caught my attention as well. When I can't find the appropriate piece of jewellery, I use a pic of an actual insect for inspiration. I also take much inspiration from my garden. Most of the blooms in my paintings grow around my house. The colours and textures of the blooms, similar to luxurious fabrics, pair wonderfully with jewelled insects. These mini paintings are jewellery for your walls. 
Start collecting them, they look best as a group. 

  All pieces are signed and dated. 
I’ve drilled a hole at the back so the painting can hang flush to the wall. 

Check my Etsy shop for availability (link in side bar).
Custom orders are always welcome.





🤍



Comments