Paintings of Antique Gem-Set Brooches - Amethyst Spider and Ruby Butterfly

Antique Gem-Set Spider with Pincushion Petals
4" x 4"x 1"
acrylic on wood
Antique Gem-Set Butterfly with Rose Petals
4" x 4"x 1"
acrylic on wood
Winter is turning out to be as bad if not worst then last year's, so I've retreated to my studio - an environment in which the weather is always ideal - to escape reality. The flowers here are always in bloom and there is priceless sparkling jewellery all over the garden. I take great pleasure researching antique brooches and pairing them with the right flowers. For a while I forget about the dreadful weather.

But I also love painting furry creatures. Come back soon to see the making of a portrait of Smokey, a beautiful and super sweet miniature Blue Merle Shetland.

Comments