Jewelled Butterfly & Mini Spring Iris - Bugs & Blooms Collection

A new piece from the Bugs & Blooms collection. Miniature painting of a jewelled butterfly paired with purple mini spring irises. In spring, the first to bloom on my country property are mini purple irises. They are a sight for soar eyes after a long, cold winter. They are no taller than 6” in full bloom, but make for a lovely little bouquet in my silver cup, in time to brighten Easter weekend. 

 Every winter, I retreat into my studio to escape the cold reality, into a world where the weather is always perfect, the flowers are always in bloom and there are priceless sparkly jewellery all over the garden. For a while I forget about the dreadful weather. I take great pleasure researching antique brooches to reproduce or to design new pieces inspired by actual insects. The majority of the blooms used in these little paintings are from my garden.

 These little paintings are jewellery for the home. Start collecting them or request a custom piece.

Jewelled Butterfly & Mini Spring Iris
4”x4”x1” acrylic on wood







💜









 

Comments