The Roaring 20s Mademoiselle - Fashion Painting

The Roaring 20s Mademoiselle
8" x 6" x 3/4' Acrylic on canvas
$150.00 CND 
My little paintings make it affordable to own an original piece of artwork. As my style is very detailed oriented, I see my painting as little pieces of jewellery for the walls. Here is my latest work in the series of Fashion Time Capsule, an endless source of inspiration.

The end of the First World War brought a wind of change. The 1920s was an era of economical, political, sociological and artistic growth. After the restrictive social conventions and impractical clothes of the Victorians and Edwardians, Paul Poiret and Coco Chanel liberated women's bodies with looser, shorter and more comfortable clothes. The mind was also freed from the established order and conventional taste. In the heady days of the post-war boom many millionaires are made. Combine all that money with jazz, booze, flappers and a sense of freedom and you get The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and a booming art scene in Paris, France. If time travel was possible, the Roaring Twenties is the era I would like to visit, at the risk of never coming back.





For purchase go to my Studio Vignette Etsy Shop: 
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/515436715/fashion-painting-the-roaring-20s?ref=listing-shop-header-0

Thank you for the interest in my work.

Comments