Sophie - Sweat Kitty

Sophie is an eight-year-old cat that was adopted by my mom several months after she got Perle. She belonged to a young woman living with her mother, but when she moved out did not want to take Sophie. Her mother did not want to keep the cat, either. It boggles my mind, especially knowing that Sophie is the sweetest, most quiet little thing on hearth. Her angora hair is deceiving because she is light as a feather. Don't let that expression fool you, she is approachable and very affectionate.

Like Perle's portrait, I decided to paint Sophie on a dark background so her shape stands out better and because they will most likely be hanging together.

Pencil sketch outline to start.




Sophie's portrait will be this year's Christmas gift to my mom. I trust my sisters will keep it a secret until then.

I may be early starting in on Christmas gifts, but I know I'll end up being late... again.

Comments