Purple Coneflower & Daylily

It's turning out to be glorious summer after all.

The Echinacea, also known as the purple coneflower, is a new addition to my garden. Last autumn, my mom, who is the best and most knowledgeable gardener I know, had to separate some of her overgrown plants and gave me a good clump of roots. I’m so pleased that it took well to my garden. Very well known for its medicinal properties, I’m looking forward to some Echinacea tea for a healthy winter. The vibrant purplish pink petals stand out in the garden, but I particularly love its spiky orange heart.



The Echinacea (Purple Coneflower)
5 1/2” X 7” Original Botanical Drawing, graphite on smooth heavy weight sheet.

My daughter is a red head and anything orange holds a special place in my heart. The Hemerocallis, also known as the daylily, grows abundantly in my back yard and I intend to plant some in the front as well.



The Hemerocallis (Daylily)
5 1/2” X 7” Original Botanical Drawing, graphite on smooth heavy weight sheet.



Comments