Work in Progress - Autumn Personified

30”x40” acrylic on cradled wood panel 


I started this piece earlier in Spring. I had a few ‘start overs’. Initially, I
had the intentions of painting summer personified, but the colours kept going darker, deeper and richer so I gave up on summer and went for autumn. Perhaps it’s because of all the rain and storms we’ve had, affecting the surrounding light. 
Two things remained, the potted garden and the hens.
I’ve always loved the idea that one can still have a lush garden despite the lack of space - no excuses in attracting and feeding pollinators. I also would love to own two hen pets and get, as a bonus, fresh eggs. Wyandotte hens have such lovely plumage, especially the blue lace and the golden lace wyandotte hens. 
After reading Arthur Parkinson’s books (hen enthusiast, artist, gardener, environmentalist, animal welfare activist and author), I was inspired.

Detail

Detail

Still a lot to do, but let’s see how this one turns out.
Thank you for dropping in.
🧡


 

Comments