Orchid Plant and Old Books with Cicada - COMPLETED

 

Orchid Plant and Old Books with Cicada
24"x24"x3/4" Acrylic on stretched canvas
SOLD

This painting was the most complex I’ve done so far. I never shy away from challenging, detailed work, but in this case, the many elements in the composition required attention to balance, harmony and flow.

Most of the times, I have a pretty clear image in my head of what the end results will be, but in this case, there was a lot of ‘wait, it will come to you’ and ‘do it and juge afterwards’. For example, I wasn’t sure of which plant would go in the pot and I didn’t know up until the end what insect would be suitable. 

A long and winding process for this painting, but I’m very pleased with it. 

I hope you enjoyed it.


Details below







Thank you for the interest in my work.

❤️



Comments