First Painting of 2023 - The Gift of Cake and Butterfly Kisses


The Gift of Cake and Butterfly Kisses
9”x12”x1.5” 
Acrylic on stretched canvas

My first painting of 2023 is of a vintage Peek Frean cookie tin, decorated with all sorts of butterflies and filled with an orange cake. 

I found this old cookie container in my mom’s basement. After cleaning it, I thought it would make for a lovely painting subject. Putting an orange cake in it would make the butterfly very happy, especially the real one resting on the tilted cover. I added a ribbon to convey the impression of a gift, just opened by the recipient.


by appointment to her majesty the Queen
PEEK, FREAN & CO. LTD,
BISCUIT MANUFACTURERS
LONDON, S.E.16, ENGLAND

Detail

Detail

Detail

Back


Wishing you a great new year and may it be filled with sweet and lovely things.

❤️



Comments