Sparkly Creatures on Blooms

Antique Gem Set Wasp on Clematis
4" x 4" x 1 1/2"
Acrylic on wood
 Anyone who knows me well, will know that I have trouble getting through winter.
Painting summer in winter really helps me. All the flowers used for this collection comes from my own garden. I also love antique jewellery, but can't afford them so I use them as models.
I'm drawn to detailed and intricate subject and need colour in my life.
These little jewelled pieces reappear every winter when I need it the most.
They are my therapy.

Antique Gem Set Dragonfly on Tulip
4" x 4" x 1 1/2"
Acrylic on wood

Antique Gem Set Moth on Rose of Sharon
4" x 4" x 1 1/2"
Acrylic on wood

Vintage Gem Set Spider on Spirea
4" x 4" x 1 1/2"
Acrylic on wood
My first pair of jewelled insects were done in 2014.
The Dragonfly on Lily and the Bee on Tulip.
They caught the eye of a lovely lady and ever since, she's been acquiring several every year.
The last four, seen above.
I couldn't be more honoured.

Comments