Landscape Painting - Cows Seen from The Grand Trunk Trail, St Marys, Ontario


Cows Seen from The Grand Trunk Trail, St Marys, Ontario
18" x 24" acrylic on canvas
$500.00 CND
Framed, ready to hang
I feel very privileged to live just a block away from The Grand Trunk Trail. I walk my dogs daily and never get tired of the picturesque views it offers. A bucolic scene capturing sixteen cows at pasture in the West Ward, just over the Sarnia Bridge. To me, it represents the serenity of small town living surrounded by farmland. I still remember that hot August day, the trail was shady and refreshing and the lush greenery on each side was in sharp contrast with the dry golden grass below.

Detail - cows
Detail - walnut trees and bush
My paintings are signed on the front as well as titled and signed directly on the back of the canvas.
Back of canvas
After I apply the dust paper backing, I sign a printed sheet describing the piece 
and the inspiration behind it which is then glued to the dust paper backing.
Back of finished painting framed
For this painting, I tried something different to finish the edges nicely. Since it's a fairly large format, I purchased at my local lumber store, a piece of pine measuring 1.5" x .25" x 8' I cut it to size, varnished it and nailed the pieces directly into the canvas's wood frame. No mitred corners involved, but precision is still needed for nice corners.  I used hanging wire and affixed it to the inside of the frame so the painting hangs flush to the wall. I think it's a cost effective way to make a piece 'gallery ready' and gives it a contemporary look.




For purchase, please see my Etsy shop
or 
contact me by leaving me a comment.

Thank you for the interest in my work.

Comments