Cactus Commission - Janis' Huernia Zebrina in Asian Style Metal Teapot



Another teapot painting is about to start. This one, along with the cactus nestled in it, belongs to a dear friend. The cactus is a Huernia Zebrina, also called Life Saver because of the predominent glossy candy like ring at the centre of its flower.
My friend wanted me to capture it with its unusual bloom.


The teapot is also unusually beautiful. Made of some sort of metal alloy, it has delicate and intricate Japanese style designs all around.



Even the handle is metal, but made to look like wrapped bamboo. It appears as if a porcelain teapot with bamboo handle was used to cast a metal version of it. A sign that the teapot might have been paired with a little warming stove in its past by the two knobs sticking out 
makes it even more  intriguing.

I also intend to incorporate my Zebra Finch, Mr. Pingu. His colouring would be perfect in the composition and he would love to perch on the handle.

Mr. Pingu K. Busby

Below is a little clip of Mr. Pingu gathering nesting material for Mrs. Pingu.


Now that summer is almost over, I will be spending more time in my studio. 
Follow me and see how this one turns out.

Comments