Tuxedo Cat - Commissioned Pet Portrait - Mr Sexy Boots, Part V


Last week, I was too busy to be in my studio, but I'm back working on Mr Sexy Boots. I think his bedcover is advanced enough for me to start working on the main subject. But before my colour palette changes, I will finish the edges a little better. The canvas, on a gallery type support, wraps around the wood frame which does not require traditional decorative framing, but I like to 'fade out' the pattern in the 1 1/2 inches of thickness.

I like how the pleats in the bedcover lead to Mr Sexy Boots. Those lines bring the eye inwards, focussing on him, but also radiate outwards, like the sun. The bed cover conveys perfectly that Mr Sexy Boots is a domestic cat that lives in comfort, is loved and cared for and is an integral part of Carey's life. Adopted from a shelter as a kitten, he now lives an idillic life.

 Starting on Mr. Sexy Boots

 Black fur is never just black.

Mr Sexy Boots' sweet expression. Much more to do.

Comments